Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 038-40 / 365 - A Productive Day


Day #040   Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Last night, I had to get up for a little bit because my coughing was a little out of control.  I was falling asleep while on the computer though and ended up falling asleep in the living room till 5:30AM.  YAY for 8 hours of sleep!!  

& So began my productive day.  When I woke up, I started folding ALLLLL the laundry that's been collecting for WEEKS now and put it all away.  The only thing left is socks, but that's a quick fix.  I swept the kitchen/bathroom up.  Put the rest of the dishes into the dishwasher and will wash them once it's full later today.  Then I vacuumed!  I had to empty the canister about 4 times 'cause there's so much dog hair.  There's just sooo much hair.... it drives me crazy!  I totally needed this.  It feels much much cleaner now.

After all of that, I sat down and had myself a cup of cocoa.  This was the most work I've done in weeks.  I'm FINALLY starting to really feel like I'm getting over this cough.  Hopefully that didn't jinx it!  Now I just have some website work to do and I'm thinking of baking cupcakes later.  

I just got this e-mail from my Direct Marketing professor.  I guess we're in the DMEF newsletter.  I'm like... the shortest one in the whole group!  At least I'm standing next to Jay Leno.  Too bad the pic wasn't bigger.  Oh, I also got a surprise win in the mail today.  It's my biggest win this month (it's been a super slow month sweepstakes wise!) so I'll take it!  Not really my kind of movie, so I'm giving it to Peter :)

Win(s):  Role Models DVD from DVDlounge.com



Day #039   Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Peter & I were supposed to go to Denver today and have dinner with his family.  I was getting ready and when Peter got here he said "they forgot."  Shoot, I was already 95% ready and now... nowhere to go.  I was pretty delirious at this point since I was running on 2 hours of sleep (not continuous either!).  Yes, damn the coughing!  Damn it to hell.

Anyway, instead of making the long drive down we headed out for a few before I fell asleep (it was bound to happen!) so the day wouldn't be a total waste.  We did some shopping and I bought the little pieces above.  A pair of sweatpants, a dress (bubble dress, i think?), & a nice top.  I needed something nice to wear on the days we go down to Denver and I'm quite satisfied with my purchases.  It's been a while since I've bought something for myself :)  Best part, everything was only $20.00!

After shopping we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for a late lunch/early dinner.  After we got in, sure enough the crowd followed us and BBW was packed within 15 minutes of being there.  It's always empty when we enter a restaurant, but once we're there a whole crowd of people come.  I made sure to get in my orders for .40 cent wings before everyone!

Shortly after we got home, I knocked the f&ck out!  Hallelujah!  ANNND I was actually able to sleep for 5/6 hours straight for the first time in a week.  



Day #038   Monday, March 23, 2009

At Patrick's Irish Pub/Bar.  The home of $3.00 Irish Car Bombs, all day, everyday.  No drinks for me though, I was stuck coughing myself silly.  No surprise there!  Monday was Owen's 6th year serving as a U.S. Marine and hence officially marking the end of his contract with the government.  This should be a cause for celebration no doubt!  He served his time on U.S. soil and in Iraq.  Owen-- a well deserved JOB WELL DONE!

No comments: