Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 022-30 / 365 - Alas, I Am Caught Up!

Ya'll ready for this huge update?  I'm still sick, but what the hey.  The boyfriend nursed me back to health and I'm in a better state of consciousness now.  If you read through everything, you must be really interested in my life or just plain bored out of your mind.

Also, I didn't take very many pictures of when I was actually "out & about" since I didn't want to bring my dSLR with me so you'll just have to read what I did that day ;)



#030   Sunday, March 15, 2009

Worst day this past week!  Going out last night was probably not the best idea.  I could not fall asleep for the life of me.  Between all the coughing spells, I was praying I would just fall asleep from exhaustion, but after 12PM rolled out and I was still not sleeping, I basically wanted to cry :(  Again, Peter & I were supposed to go down to Denver, but clearly, I could not.

My body aches were getting worse.  Sharp pains made their way throughout my body.  My right arm hurt and still does.  The only reason I can think of that could cause this was throwing darts last night.  Throwing darts for crying out loud!!  Am I that sick?!  The whole motion of throwing darts fits perfectly into all the spots that hurt.  Strange.  Anyway, Peter went out to get me more medicine and orange juice.  He basically took care of me all day and made sure I was ok.

At the risk of being mushy,  I have to state that Peter is such a great boyfriend and I'm so so grateful for him.  I felt pretty miserable and cranky, but finally fell asleep after he gave me medicine.  I didn't wake up until 10:30pm and yes, now I'm awake.  The upside to being this sick, my abs are getting a great workout!  

P.S.  I love my red sweater dress (in the photo).  It's kept me very warm and is probably the best $5.50 I've ever spent on anything.



#029     Saturday, March 14, 2009

Around 12:30pm, I woke up to Peter and was surprised to see him there.  He's usually at work around this time.  He said he was on his break so I went back to sleep.  He wakes me up again and said, "I made some chicken noodle soup for you, it's on the stove."  Awww yay!  I have the best boyfriend, ever!  I don't think many girls can say that their boyfriend cooks them chicken noodle soup from scratch when they're sick :]  I loved it.  When I finally decided to wake up it was the first thing I went to.  It was delicious!

The soup definitely made me feel better (placebo effect maybe?!).  Later that night, I felt a little better so we went to a 'fiesta' to celebrate Peter's co-worker's son's birthday.  We were the only asians/white people there.  Hahah.  It was fun though and different.  The whole vibe definitely reminded me of Filipino parties.  I was Peter's DD of course and we decided to go to Tyler's house afterwards.

One word describes Tyler's room:  WESTERN!  Everything was like from the old west.  Lasso, cowboy boots, cowboy hats, animal photos, everything.  He busted out his guns (real ones) and everyone was playing with them.  I'm not too comfortable with loaded guns and alcohol induced fun mixed into one picture, so I was cautious.  I did play with the cowboy belt and the broken gun though.  He also had a bunch of knives.  Too bad he doesn't have a huge machete knife like my grandpa's used to have.  Lol.  When we came home, I had another bowl of Peter's soup.  I also OWNED people on COD4.  I averaged about 20 kills a game ;)



#028    Friday, March 13, 2009

My health was still on the decline, I guess this was an unlucky day for me.  I went over this in my previous entry.  I spent approximately 1 hour taking a nice super hot shower in hopes that that would help me feel better.  I drew a heart in the mirror.  Hard to get a clear shot when your lens is fogging up.  I pretty much made the bathroom into a sauna & this is what you get.

I quite fancy this picture.  Now I wish I edited it at a bigger resolution so I could print it.  I don't know where I got the title either, but I like it!  Lollipop hearts & rainbow colored kisses ;)



#027    Thursday, March 12, 2009

Firefighter, ya gotta hose Peter down 'cause his face is on fire!  Lol.  I was still sick (can't you tell by how I look?!), but we went out to dinner in Westminster to meet up with Marc & Sushmita.  We rarely ever see Marc now that he lives in Washington D.C. so I had to bring myself to go out.  We had dinner at Rock Bottom and I had buffalo wings.  It's always the safest bet for me.  I don't mind either... I love buffalo wings!  It's the one spicy thing I will endure.

It was great seeing Marc and his gf.  Ashley also flew in from Hawaii and Owen and Maren joined as well.  It's always good to see old friends.



#026    Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lexi Baby, you gonna help mommy get all better?  I slept all day.  Quite literally.  Lexi was there with me the whole time, sleeping on the bed with me.  Her radar ears would go off everytime she heard a noise and started doing her mini-barks when she heard the mailman come.  Such a good little guard puppy.  & yes, Lexi is pretty much the same size as me :)



#025     Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I started getting body aches at this point and I could feel myself getting sicker and sicker.  So unfortunate that I had to be sick... we got a little bit of snow overnight and I wasn't able to play in it.  I love snow!  I took this photo as a long-exposure with my shutter open for 15 seconds.  The light in the background is from street lights reflecting off a roof.



#024     Monday, March 9, 2009

I can't really recall what I did this day.  I don't think I did much of anything actually.  I was supposed to pick up my paycheck, but the girls upstairs kept parking behind me and I eventually gave up.  I also started to feel my throat getting worse and worse at this point.  I'm also pretty sure I did a bunch website work.  Anywho, the moon was out and shining bright :)



#023   Sunday, March 8, 2009

Large pepperoni pizza from Papa John's for $8.50 (that's w/ tax included!) is the only thing we order!  PJ's is probably my favorite pizza place, but all that cheesiness probably did me wrong the following day.  Dairy causes more mucus build-up!  Boo.  Oh well.  Peter & I was supposed to go to church down in Denver, but we ended up sleeping all day!

I finally woke up and proceeded with my Lord of the Rings marathon (all extended versions at that!).  I finished up disc 2 of The Two Towers since I attempted to watch it after the house party in the weee morning hours.  Later, I found myself laid out on the couch and waking up to a blue screen and the sunshine creeping in.  Whoops.  At least I finally finished my marathon after we ate this pizza :)  Sadly, I wanted to watch the trilogy all over again.




#022   Saturday, March 7, 2009

Smile with your eyes, sweetie.  My dear little Lexi with Mo the monkey.  Lexi is such a princess.   She sits/lays prim and proper just like one as well.  I took this photo right before Peter came to pick me up so that we could head out to Nick's going away party.  I haven't been to a house party in SO long and I was without internet at this point, so a party was definitely a welcomed event in my book.

This party was probably the first non-Hawaii party I've been to in YEARS.  Nick & his boys were well beyond drunk.  Maren left before we came & Owen disappeared shortly after our arrival with the gang.  This HUGE hispanic guy was hitting on me and Peter was ready to fight.  LOL.  Oh boy.  That would've been interesting.  I was talking to some random guy and he must've got the wrong idea because he saw me with Peter and asked, "Do you even know that guy?"  Me, "That guy?  Oh yeah.. of course I know him.  HE'S MY BOYFRIEND!"  The guy had a surprised/awkward look on his face.  It was pretty classic to say the least.  Good times, but unfortunately this party caused my demise the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

may sakit ka pa din? :( ang tagal na huh.. ang sweet naman ni peter pinagluto ka pa niya and hindi siya "jus add water" type hehe. nakakatuwa basahin ang blog mo. esp dun sa guy na tinanong ka kung kilala mo si peter haha baliw siya LOL... naalala ko tuloy dati nun bago pa lang kami ni christian, nakaupo kami sa bench sa labas ng school, dumaan friend kong guy ksma kapatid niya na pinakilala niya sakin earlier that day.. tapos binati ako ng kapatid niyang guy... sabi.. "hey... sup? so u have a boyfriend?" tapos tinuro ko si christian sa tabi ko, e c xtian tanga may kausap na iba d niya narinig hehe pero as in magkatabi lang kami.. tapos bglang sabi nun guy kay christian, "oh sorry bro" tapos si christian tanga nakangiti pa dun sa guy hehe kasi nga wala siyang narinig :p un lang naalala ko lang ang haba na 2loy ng kwento ko. :P at nakakagutom un pic ng pizza ahhh d2 walang masarap na pizza malapit sa place namin. :(