Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 005 / 365 - Snowboarding at Arapahoe Basin



#005

We went snowboarding at Arapahoe Basin today. It was probably the coldest day I've ever gone out to snowboard. I'm glad I decided to wear my 3 layers of clothing. Haha. Hiking before snowboarding was definitely NOT a good idea. I could feel my legs giving out here and there and my quads were on fire! There weren't that many people and I'm glad I got my "falls" out of the way early. They were pretty much stupid ones anyway. Haha. Teri ended up hurting his shoulder, so we just decided to call it a day and head back out. It pretty much snowed the whole time we were there and there was so much powder that falling didn't make too much of an impact. Good times.

2 comments:

Leytonrhys said...

never been to the arapahoe basin .

where is that ?

Maria said...

the turn-off is before the eisenhower tunnel. it's past loveland ski area (instead of going straight to loveland ski area, you take the left up to a windy road) about 8 miles, pretty much the next mountain behind loveland.