Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 002 / 365 - Flobots feat. Hello Kavita


#002

Tonight was the Flobots concert.  Hello Kavita opened for them and overall, it was pretty much an amazing event!  Nearly 3,000 people came out to show their love.  For UNC and Greeley in general, that is pretty much a record!  Peter & I got to bypass the crowds and we watched them stage-side.  I got to take photos up-close and personal as well, thanks to Ken, & UPC (University Program Council).  It wasn't long before the security kicked photographers out of the "front" area and said photos could only be taken from the sides of the stage.  BOO!  I managed to squeeze in some photos from that angle though.

This is my favorite photo from the night.  I took close to 250 photos, so it was hard to choose.  He's not the 'main' singer/rapper in the group, but he photographed well and 'posed' as he sang, which made it incredibly easier to shoot him in the low light.

Overall, it was a surprisingly good show & I applaud UPC for their continued efforts.  The energy in the gymnasium was contagious.  Everyone rose up their hands throughout the set & it was especially inspiring as everyone yelled, "we rise together(!!)" as they sang along to the song.  More photos from this night to come once I figure out how to do an lj-cut type of thing here.

p.s.
I would highly recommend Hello Kavita if you're into chill, easy listening music.

No comments: