Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 047 / 365 - Spaghetti Dinner & A Movie


#047

I unintentionally fell asleep again before I could post this picture.  Lol.  It happens quite often.  Anywho, I spent a good portion of the day doing website work.  Peter called and asked if I could cook some spaghetti for dinner.  I've never cooked spaghetti before, lol.  BUT  I did it anyway.  We had some leftover Prego sauce in the fridge and a can of diced tomatoes.  I also chopped up some onions (OMG this was the worst!) that made me tear up sooo bad that I was cutting the onions with my eyes closed.  I pretty much did want to cry.  Lol.  I added some bay leaves, salt, pepper, brown sugar, & ground beef.  For the pasta, I added butter & salt.  It was a little sweet, but altogether the spaghetti was a success! Add some Texas Toast garlic bread to that and everything comes together.  I love garlic bread!

After dinner we watched "Twilight" since Peter bought the DVD for me the night prior.  We were not impressed.  Lol.  WTF.  The actors/actresses were horrible.  The special effects were crappy.  The lines were overly cheesy as hell (or maybe the actors sucked on that as well?) and the plot was lackluster.  The movie wasn't bad, but I wouldn't say that it deserved all the hype.  Kinda like Slumdog Millionaire.  WAY TOO OVER HYPED.  I know that the following movies will fill-in the gaps from this first movie, but my standards/expectations will definitely be lower in the next films.  Perhaps I will be impressed then?  Maybe the books will be better.. I need to get on that.

4 comments:

jalene said...

Man I thought the movie was awesome, so I finally decided to read the series. It was better, and different. Throughout the book, the Bella they had in the movie didn't match the one in the book, for some reason it just felt wrong. Read the books :) Although I'm not sure if I enjoyed them so much as it was a means to an end...

Maria said...

lol.. meh.. it wasn't a BAD movie, but it also wasn't a GREAT movie in my (& peter's) opinion. i think the actors all really killed it for me. they definitely could've used a better 'bella' ... that girl is a twat. she sucks as an actress. haha.

i think i'll start reading the books soon though :) but i've said that since december :P

jalene said...

me too! last night i had a dream that i was a vampire and my family was on the verge of finding out/exposing me. perhaps i was too engrossed in the books. :)

Maria said...

oh, i'd love to dream that i was a vampire! though, i semi-think i am one in real life ;]

i think i need to set a goal or something. usually i just need to get myself to start reading a book & it won't take long until i get hooked. unless it's really crappy. lol.